As a homeowner, you know there are a number of updates and upgrades you can do that will add some value to your property—and interior and exterior painting is one of these things. This is because the right paint and paint color can transform a space, making it look better whether it’s just for you to enjoy or you are trying to appeal to home buyers.
You want to choose your colors wisely, and for good reason. For example, did you know that painting your bathroom a blue color could help your home stand out on the market and increase home value? And using blue hues in the bedrooms—like navy blue and blue-gray—paired with distressed white finishes and soft blue tones in the kitchen have also been known to boost property values.
With this in mind, let’s take a look at some painting advice from experienced house painters in Phoenix, AZ. Here are five ways to increase the value of your home with paint:
- Paint interior walls a neutral color: You can’t go wrong with neutral colors for interior wall paint, even though many people describe neutral colors as boring. The truth is, a fresh coat of neutral color wall paint can increase the value of your home. Neutral colors bring a fresh, clean look into a room, which will appeal to more people than a bright or bold color will. It’s also easier to decorate a space when the paint is a neutral color.
- Don’t forget to paint the trim: Inside, consider painting the wall trim and baseboards a glossy white. Sure, the walls typically get more attention than the trim, but trim is more easily scuffed and dirtied, and therefore needs to be painted more often. A fresh coat of white paint on the trim may be all it takes to brighten up any room.
- Paint cabinets and cupboards: Replacing your old, outdated kitchen cabinets can be pricy or too time consuming. For wood cabinets that are still functional, but starting to look a bit ugly, think about painting them instead. Painting can be a lot of work, but it’s not as difficult as it may seem. You can also hire a professional for the project.
- Add a fresh coat of paint to the exterior: Looking to boost curb appeal? Then consider painting the exterior of your house! The outside is the first thing people see—it’s especially important to make a good first impression if you are trying to sell your home. It’s a huge project, but well worth it.
- Paint the front door: Because your front door is a major focal point of your home from the outside, you want it to look beautiful. An old door that is still usable can be brought back to life with a fresh coat of paint, thus boosting your home’s curb appeal and increasing your home’s value.
Painting the entire exterior of your house or the interior walls and features is an excellent way to increase the value of your home. Contact Joseph’s Coat Painting to work with the most skilled and experienced house painters in Phoenix, AZ!